Medical Group of Approved Experts
The State of California has setup the Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) to oversee the administration of workers’ compensation claims and to assist employees and employers.
A Medical Provider Network (MPN) is a network of providers, including physicians, created to provide medical treatment for work injuries of employees in California. An MPN must be approved by the DWC, and the MPN provides all medical care for employees with work-related injuries or illnesses. Under state regulations, MPN’s are required to have doctors specializing in work-related injuries and doctors with expertise in general areas of medicine.
Regulations for MPNs
- Must be approved by the DWC
- Include doctors specializing in work-related injuries
- Follow all medical treatment guidelines established by the DWC
- Allow employees a choice of provider(s) in the network after their first visit
- Offer opportunity for a second or third opinion if there is a disagreement with diagnosis
- Injured employee may request Independent Medical Review (IMR)
Elite Claims Management has a current partnership with two highly rated MPN programs providers. However, if you are comfortable with another MPN, we can establish a partnership with the MPN of your choice.